Monday, July 04, 2005

Aroma of Incontinence...

I was awakened this morning by the distinct aroma of incontinence.

I usually ask myself: Is it? Yes, I think it is. Time to start the laundry machine, get the rubber gloves, etc.

The second fragrance of incontinence began last week. Oh sure, I knew it would come. I had hoped to have some kind of on-site help by that time. But, of course, I don't think I can afford it and I cherish what little privacy I have left.

It looks like this is going to be about a 5 to 6 laundry load day. I still have a small washer left over from my days of taking care of myself and occasional visitors. The question I always ask on days like today is: Who will take care of me?

Even if I could afford long-term care insurance, what is the guarantee that long-term coverage will not go the way of pension programs? Do I really believe that these policies will be in effect 20 years from now?

But, thank heavens today is a holiday! I don't have to do 6 loads of laundry and show up in someone's office making sense.

A well-intentioned soul has said to me from time to time. "You are not alone." Wanna bet. Ain't nobody but me turning on that laundry machine. Someday maybe I'll get the courage to say what I think. Naw, some things are best left unsaid. That's why I have the space!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home